Appointment Policy (and required FORM)
Our Office welcomes new and returning patients. We are committed to ensuring that the administrative aspects of your visit are handled with the same high level of professionalism and care as the medical portion.
Please allow 20 minutes to update/complete the required paperwork.
Obstetrics and Gynecology often involves emergency procedures, surgical delays, and deliveries. We ask for your understanding, and if we are running behind schedule, our staff may attempt to notify you.
PATIENT Medical Emergencies: If you have
- life threatening emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
- If you have an urgent medical problem during office hours. please call the office at 301-681-3400
- After hours, please call the doctor on call 1-888-798-2022.
We also request that you arrive promptly for your visit. If you are unable to keep your appointment or are going to be late, please call the office as soon as possible. Cancellations without 24 hours notice or missed appointments may be subject to fees.
Snow (Inclement Weather)
Please call to verify the status of the office on those days when the weather seems like it is going to be a problem.
- If the office is CLOSED you will hear a voice message that tells you so.
- If the office is OPEN you will hear the usual greeting.
Please CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY AS SOMETIMES WE ARE FORCED TO MAKE A LAST MINUTE DECISION IF THE STAFF IS UNABLE TO GET TO THE OFFICE.
- Prescription refills will be processed only for established patients.
- Your physician will review your chart and the refill will be called in directly to your pharmacy, within 24-48 hours of receipt, on the next business day. If your physician feels an office visit is necessary before a refill can be given, you will be notified.
Birth Control Pills
- One additional refill for birth control pills can be called in for established patients. This will allow time to schedule an annual visit.
- Requests for narcotic medication can only be refilled during office hours when your chart is available to the doctor.
- No refills can be called in when requested after hours or over the weekend.
- PLEASE NOTE: NEW STATE LAW REQUIRES THAT MANY NARCOTIC PERSCRIPTIONS CAN ONLY BE FILLED WITH A WRITTEN PERSCRIPTION.
- This may require you to pick up your prescription at the office or have it mailed to you.
- Please allow time for this process.
- Please be sure you have enough medication.